Sunday, August 4, 2013

Acer Aspire 4810TG-732G50Mn battery Plugged In but not Charging

Acer Aspire 4810TG-732G50Mn battery Plugged In but not Charging

Question:"My Dell laptop battery light is flashing red and the battery icon says that my charger is plugged in but not charging. So when I unplug my laptop it automatically dies. It's been like this for a couple of days and i've tried to just see if it'll go away but nothings happening."

Answer:"
If the issue is occuring even after the BIOS update it might be an issue with the dell AC adapter or the system board where the adapter connects. I would advise you to try another adapter to see if it is charging the battery. Also, check in the BIOS screen if the AC adapter is being recognised.
Please follow the steps below to check the laptop AC adapter in BIOS.

Restart the system and tap F2 key on the Dell logo.

On the system setup screen under the Main tab, look for AC adapter type, it should be listed as 65W.

If this is not listed, you can try loading the BIOS to defaults and check again.

Press F9 key to load defaults and press F10 to save and exit.

Once this is done, please check whether the AC adapter type is listed.

If it is still not listed, then the system is not recognising the AC adapter and certain components need to be replaced.I am adding you as a friend; please accept my friend request and send me a personal message with the system Service Tag so that I can check the system warranty details and help you accordingly.

I would also like you to check the laptop battery health, to make sure the battery is working properly. To check the battery health please follow the steps mentioned below:

Click on the battery icon on the bottom right side

Click on the option 'battery health meter'

Click on Battery Health tab on the top. You will get a message "Your laptop battery is performing normally". If you get any other message, the battery might need a replacement too."

0 comments:

Post a Comment